To donate your items, just fill-out our Online Donation Form or call us at 619-819-1793.
Or drop off your items at one of our 3 Donation Centers and Thrift Stores.
Your gently-used or surplus clothing and household goods can save lives!
That’s because your donated items are used in one of two ways. They either go directly to our clients to help meet their needs, or they are sold at one of our three thrift stores to raise money for our critical programs. Local neighbors also benefit, as they have come to rely on the bargains at our thrift stores to make their own ends meet.
Our most needed materials donations fall into one of the following categories:
- New and gently used clothing/shoes
- Furniture, small appliances and other household items in good condition
- Working televisions and electronics
- Baby cribs and other items for infants
- Bibles and devotional materials
- Click here for a list of items not accepted.
We cannot thank you enough for considering a material donation and doing your part to change the lives of our clients for the better!
You can donate your items in one of two ways:
1) Schedule a Pickup
To schedule a pick-up of items at your home or business, please complete our Online Donation Form or call us at 619-819-1793.
2) Drop Them Off
If you prefer to deliver the items to us, donations to the San Diego Rescue Mission are gratefully accepted at the following locations:
Mission Donation Center
5150 University Avenue
North Park Thrift Store
3055 University Avenue
National City Thrift Store
10 N. Euclid Avenue
As you consider your contribution, we ask that you take note of the following:
- We continually update our list of most urgent client needs to optimize those donations intended to directly assist our clients.
- Please do not include R-rated movies or products containing alcohol (i.e. cologne, body spray, mouthwash, anti bacterial gels).
- We always do our best to honor the wishes of our donors. However, our limited resources mean we cannot always honor specific requests about how each item will be used. We do, however, stand by our promise to utilize each and every time so that it is of greatest help to our clients and the San Diego Rescue Mission.
- While many of our donated items go toward what our clients need, we are often asked what our clients might like as they prepare for a holiday or the birthday of their child. If you have a suggestion or would like to brainstorm ideas, please contact us and we will be happy to let you know if there is a fit for your generous item.
- If you would like to get your organization, church or business involved, we recommend a drive of clothing, toiletries, or electronics. For more information or to get started contact us.
No matter what, you can be sure that your tax-deductible donation makes a difference in the lives of your fellow San Diegans. Thank you!
Questions? Please use our Online Donation Form or call us at 619-819-1793.